Sunday, June 22, 2008

4: The Knights Begin

"I can't stand that ridiculously immature 'King'" announced Sir Edward IV for the fifth time that morning. "All of his lame childish pranks drove me off the edge!" he had lasted only a few days, as mentioned before, 3 days to be exact. Which was plenty of time for the mentally challenged king to play 14 different pranks. The king had secretly changed Edwards mattress out for one covered in ticks. He had the hinges on servants door across the hall changed for old rusty ones that squeaked. So for those three nights Edward got no sleep. But the final straw was when the King had put wax in front of the knights chair, where he slipped in front of the whole court. With having no sleep in three days the knight was a little bit agitated. To make matters worse the whole court was laughing at him uproariously. So he stormed out of the banquet hall, raving mad. Where he missed the standard glue in the chair trick, which was played on the duke of Kentenfod.

"Oh quit whinning, you weren't a good match for Edith anyway," replied Sir Bruce, "You see, I was. I knew from the beginning, so that is why I started with a proposal."

"That was a TERRIBAL approach!" Exclaimed Edward nearly shouting, "She dumped you at first sight! It wasn't love at first sight but DUMPED at first sight!"

"No she just has to know me better that is the whole purpose of this quest, to win the ladys heart!"

"Y'all are jist over raten 'ur cham, but I is jist a low-ly squire, wid naw name." Interjected Jared with a heavy peasant drawl.

You're just jellous because you aren't as good looking as us! Countered Edward.

"Fur cryin out loud! She's on-ly 15!" Replied Jarad "Edward 'ur like 30 and Bruce 'ur close to 40!"

"When I have medals and honor after defeating multipul dream spirits, then she will have to marry me whether I am 40 or not." Answered Sir Bruce.

"Not if I do the same!" Shouted Edward "I will return with similar glory and when the dowry…er girl!"

"Har-har I kneeeeeeew yeew two wernt in it fur the princess, but fur the money." Droned Jared in his thick accent.

"Ok just shut it I've had enough of this!" Exclaimed Bruce "Lets focus on our goal then we can argue over the girl!"

The rode all morning…



--Mark

No comments: